Earlier this month, I along with 3 other friends, went for a short 4 day trip to the City of Destiny. It was my first all girl’s trip after school days. A lot of beautiful places to see, Vizag can truly amaze you with its diversity. The city folks are blessed with beautiful beaches to spend their mornings and evenings at. Over our 4 day stay, we made sure to enjoy the beach-side as much as possible. To witness the sunrise or maybe the sunset, to get drenched in the salt water or to simply let the sand flow through our feet. My camera also was quite busy that day. Boomerangs, SnapChat, Instagram Stories and lot more it had to cover. We went to the beach thrice and it was on the first day when I completely fell for it. Couldn’t take my eyes off the horizon, wondering how far does it go? How would it be to surf the tide? Does the Moon in the sky converse with the waves often? The very first day at the beach was indeed special.

That day I caught a glimpse of a world that I often daydreamed about. Closer to the Paradise that I would often run towards, away from the city chaos – a rendezvous it was between the Sea and Me, the day I set my feet on the beach.

I met myself on that not so ordinary day, I spoke with me about the many unsaid wishes and plans, smiled at the follies that I was once ignorant about, took a journey back to the simpler times, to the childhood of fond memories when making sand castles and feeling the wind in my hair were few of the greatest joys.

The waves lashed, sky changed hues, the sand flowed through my feet and I with a smile, took a deep breath to let life cast it’s charm around me.

40145568_10215866305506987_9166166405366677504_n

RK Beach – Vizag

IMG-20180823-WA0004.jpg

Girls On A Trip – Beach Day – RK Beach

IMG-20180826-WA0043.jpg

The Beautiful City of Vizag as seen from Kailashgiri Hills

IMG_20180831_231906.jpg

The waves, city folks, skies and me!

Soon, I shall be writing about our trip in details. In the meanwhile, I’d love to know about your beachscapades! πŸ™‚

Posted by Isha

I love to daydream, design, sing and read about perfect vacations! Writing is my way to escape into my make-belief world and re-think about life's various incidents. You can often find me lost in my own thoughts, absent-mindedly also staring at someone in the process! :p When not thinking too hard, I play board games with my mom and chat and hang out with my friends. Let's know each other better by the way of words. :)

77 Comments

1. Nice post. Nothing is so beautiful as various aspects of nature- be the mountains or the lovely sea beaches. We appear to be too small before the vast manifestation of nature.

1. Indeed! Nature transcends over all! 😊

2. Wonderfully expressed. Would love to read more of your escapades. Following you.

1. Thank you Jaya! 😊 Followed you back.

3. I have my immediate family living in Vizag and I just love that place….Araku is another beautiful destination one should visit πŸ™‚

1. Oh… that’s nice! Lucky they are to live in one of the cleanliness cities in India! 😊

4. Oh I love beaches; my idea of perfect vacations. someday will visit Vizag too.

1. You’ll love it! Do visit Yearada beach too and Araku for overnight stay. πŸ™‚

5. I haven’t seen anyone describe the beaches of Vizag so passionately. Indeed i love this side of the indian ocean with large roaring waves.

1. πŸ™‚ Infrequent vacations further magnifies the effect of a vacation! Even a highway and roadside dhaba can work wonders for a parched, wanderlust soul! 😜 What do you prefer more? Beaches or the mountains?

6. This is a really beautiful sight! I loved it!

1. Thank you Srijan! πŸ™‚

1. What was the most beautiful thing you saw that day?

2. Can’t decide on one!

The Moon in the sky that played with the waves

The footprints on the sand which the waves came and erased

The fierceness of the waves which I think we’re trying to tell us that you cannot challenge me!

The beautiful and endless horizon which linked the sky and the sea. It looked like a perfect stage for the Sun to perform every morning and evening!

The laughter of friends and family that filled up the air

I’d tell you if there was just one… πŸ™‚

3. I think the most beautiful part of it was you! πŸ™‚

7. If I ever had a chance, i would leave everything just to build a small shack near the beach and spend the rest of days there until i take my last breathe. That’s how much i love beaches. My best and memorable experience at the beach is from my trip to Thailand.

1. And witness the sunset and the sunrise everyday! How mundane are the lives that we live in cities. Nature reveals a totally different side of us! Agree? Thailand I’ve heard is beautiful with clear blue waters…I’ve been to only Mandarmani and the Chennai and Vizag beaches. Want to visit Seychelles!

1. I totally agree. Yes Thailand has clear waters at almost all the beaches. I am writing about that trip for my friend Alexa.

2. Looking forward to the same! 😊

8. Such great pictures! Agree to the point that there is no painter as skilled as the nature

1. Thank you Pushpanjalee…indeed, there is no comparison! What do you like more? Beaches, Hills or the Woods?

1. Thank you Bikramjit! 😊

9. Lovely photos. I loved my visit to RK Beach too.

1. Thank you Tina! πŸ™‚ I loved how clean the beach was as compared to few other beaches that I’ve visited.

10. Such a lovely dose of Vitamin Sea… awesome pictures πŸ™‚

1. Thank you Ankita! πŸ™‚ You’ve got a lovely blog. Following it.

1. Thank you so much πŸ™‚

11. I remember that picture that led us to guessing the place in Twitter. Beautiful write up and pics.

1. Hey Sonia! So good to hear from you. Yes, that was fun isn’t it? 😊

12. Breath-taking pictures. I loved reading about your experience. Staying in Goa, I know what joy the sun and sand can bring along. It is an instant mood elevator, isn’t it?

1. Hey Priyanka, how lucky you are to live in Goa! 😍 I love spending a few hours by the beach! How relaxing it is.

13. Loved your post on Vizag, reminds me of my trip not so long ago to the port city. Vizag has an unmistakable charm about it, also Rushikonda and the famous Araku Valley.

1. Araku is beautiful! 😊 And I was also quite amazed at the cleanliness that the city maintains. Did you catch a sight of the city from the Dolphin’s Nose Lighthouse?

1. Yes I did, and it was magical….:)……the food at the Duspalla was amazing….such huge thalis at such rock bottom prices, in regal settings….Duspalla is a must visit in Vizag…

2. Haven’t visited that place! 😐

3. Maybe, next time πŸ™‚

4. Yes! Now that I know will keep on the list if I happen to go again! 😊

14. Wow..lovely pictures and liked your description of the place. The moon converses with the waves..I am sure they do. It’s my life long dream to go on a beach vacation with my girlies.

1. Hey Anshu! Thank you. You’ll remember a trip with your friends for a life time! Hope you get to go soon! 😊

15. Lovely… Please do a detailed post and tag me plz… Planning a trip to Vizag will come in handy… Look forward

1. Hey Esha! Done deal! πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘ You’ll love the city and especially Araku!

16. I loved the pictures on the post. It looks like a great place to visit and what made it better was you had visited it with friends. Lovely post

1. Indeed Richa! It was a wonderful experience and wish could stay longer or maybe go on another such trip soon! 😊

17. Lovely post and lovely pics…Nature is so serene and beautiful.
    #MyFriendAlexa #ContemplationOfaJoker #Jokerophilia

1. Thank you Mukul! Can’t agree more on how beautiful and not to forget powerful nature is!

18. My wife, daughter and the rest of her extended family visited Vizag a few years back and they came back with tales of the wonderful beaches and the Bora caves and how much they had loved it all. Unfortunately due to some official commitments I could not go with them. Shall definitely visit Vizag sometime…

1. Oh that’s wonderful! Hope they got to visit Araku as well! 😊 You can also consider visiting the beautiful Horsely Hills or Lamasingi too! I’ll be including details about it in my next blog.

19. I have seen beautiful pictures of Vizag and now your post has made me add it to my travel list.

1. Hey! I hope you plan soon and visit the City of Destiny…would love to know of your experience! 😊

20. I love beach holidays, and Vizag looks beautiful

1. Beaches are simply the best places to spend evenings at! Before going, I had not much expectations from Vizag but it turned out to be one of the most memorable of trips partly I’m sure that is because it was my first all girl’s trip! 😊

21. I too love beaches the most. Have not been to Vizag yet. Seems it is time for me to plan a trip asap. Loved the pics πŸ‘Œ

1. It is quite an understated destination. Araku is a place which should not be missed! 😊

22. You expressed your thoughts so beautifully and the pictures are breathtaking too. I had gone on an all women trip too and that was a liberating feeling than no other. Though i am quite a bit older than you, i sure hope you could relate. Do check it out here…
    Following you to read your adventures…

1. Hi Kalpana, it’s the charm of the beach that worked like magic on me and effortlessly the words came to my mind. Age is certainly just a number when it comes to travel experiences I feel. 😊 Following your blog too!

23. We too enjoyed a trip to Vizag. View of city from Kailasagiri, Submarine Museum and Beach were our favorites.

1. Hey! That’s great to know! Did you also visit Dolphin’s Nose Lighthouse…isn’t the view from there simply mesmerizing! 😊

24. A poetic post on a day at the beach, Isha! It is obvious that the beach fascinated you all. I did my 11th in Vizag, and know that it is a lovely city. Looking forward to more posts from you.
    #DeepTiesReads #MyFriendAlexa

1. Hello Deepti! Thank you so much for sparing a moment to share your thoughts! 😊 Vizag is indeed lovely! Do you have a favourite holiday of yours that I can read about?

1. Isha, I have just begun my travel blog. Maybe you could check it out. πŸ™‚ Thanks!

2. Sure Deepti, will check!

25. I have heard a lot about Vizag but never been there. Would love to visit it some day.

1. Hi Deepa, If you’re planning a short trip, Vizag is a good option to consider! Do watch out for the detailed post! 😊

26. I love beach trips. It helps to maintain my sanity, love everything starting from the sand to clam seashores. I would want to visit Vizag soon.
    #MyFriendAlexa #zenithbuzzreads

1. Hi Hema, I completely relate with your love for the beaches! 😊 Do keep Araku also on your list!

27. This post reminds me that it is being way too long since I went to a beach. 😦

1. The beaches are calling you! Don’t disappoint the seas! 😜

28. Whenever we travel we travel either to the beach or towards the hills. My best memory was from the Radhanagar beach in the Havelock Island, Andaman, it’s the most beautiful beach with a big shoreline and beautiful white sands.

29. I visited Vizag twice and it is a beautiful city. RK beach is very good.

30. Beaches are my weakness, i just love to be there

31. I am sea person too.. i enjoy the company of waves and sand bellow my feet.