A weekend, boring, dull Saturday led me exploring the rarely-visited kitchen premises. Quite a few interesting ingredients caught my eye and to make the day a little exciting I thought of preparing a different kind of a coffee which ultimately became more of a milkshake. Quite delicious though!

I have often gulped down a bottle of Keventers – Mint Oreo Thick Shake and have loved every drop of it! How about making it at home, all by yourself? The thought quite excited me and I got onto doing some blending and churning! This drink hardly takes about 10 – 15 minutes and not more than 7 to 8 ingredients.

Mint Oreo Shake Recipe Ingredients

That’s all you’ll need! πŸ˜‰

For milk, I prefer using either Mother Dairy or Amul. It tastes better and is more thicker than the milk that gets delivered to home in the mornings. Also, it also doesn’t cause the froth. Since, neither Mother Dairy or Amul was available, I used the usual milk.

Step 1 – Where are all my ingredients?! πŸ˜‰

Put all the ingredients except for the Oreos, in a large, deep vessel. For cinnamon, it is best to use it in a powdered form instead of the small twigs because it takes ages for the twigs to disintegrate and blend. And you sure wouldn’t want to get those nasty pieces in your mouth while sipping the otherwise delicious drink!Β

Step 2 – Blending and Churning!

It’d time to blend and mix the ingredients. Once the blender has done it’s job, go ahead and taste the frothy, sweet drink! But, not too much! πŸ˜‰ Now it’s time to add the quintessential ingredient – Oreos! Blend a little again, this time not too much. It’s good to let the crunchy Oreos not lose too much of it’s characteristic! πŸ˜‰

Step 3 – Garnishing!

Pull out those beautiful glasses from the showcase and carefully pour your milkshake in the them! Garnish with a sprig of Mint, an Oreo cookie and you may also top it with whipped cream! Delight your guests to a homemade, delightful Mint Oreo Milkshake! πŸ™‚

Mint Oreo Milkshake

Here is the hard to put down milkshake!

A F T E R N O T E

Thanks to my sister from Chennai who suggested me how the shake can be made better and who’s inputs I have included in the above recipe. Apart from using fresh Mint leaves, for a more stronger flavour of Mint, you can also use Mint essence which is easily available, online as well as offline!

On a side note, the best comment I got was from my sister who said that the picture looks as if it’s downloaded from Pinterest! πŸ˜€

Mint Oreo Milkshake

Give your cold coffee a kick with a dash of Mint and Oreos!

I’d love to know more about your favorite Oreo recipes! πŸ™‚

Posted by Isha

I love to daydream, design, sing and read about perfect vacations! Writing is my way to escape into my make-belief world and re-think about life's various incidents. You can often find me lost in my own thoughts, absent-mindedly also staring at someone in the process! :p When not thinking too hard, I play board games with my mom and chat and hang out with my friends. Let's know each other better by the way of words. :)

33 Comments

1. Looks really yum and interesting. A must try!! and yes your picture does look amazing:)

1. Thank you so much Shubhra! 😊

2. oreo shake my daughter’s favorite.. But i never tried with mint. Will definitely try it.. #MyFriendalexa #Flavorsofworldread

1. Do give it a try! I’m sure your daughter will like it! 😊 Which is her other favourite food? Let me guess, is it Pasta? πŸ˜‰

3. I love milkshakes from Keventers as well. This recipe is just what my heart(and belly) craves. Thanks for penning it down. πŸ™‚

1. Hey Jheelam! I so love Keventers myself, had to write this down. So where did you try Keventers first? Darjeeling, Kolkata or Delhi?

1. I tried it at Darjeeling first. I mean, visiting Keventers while touring Darjeeling is almoast-ritualistic for us, Bengalis. πŸ˜€ The Darjeeling outlet offers great savories as well.

2. Hahahaha…that’s nice! 😊 I love the Bengali khichdi which is served at the pandals during Pujos! πŸ˜‹

4. Quick and simple recipe. I think my son will like it. Will try it soon. Thanks for sharing!

1. Hi Prerna, I’m really hoping your son will relish the drink till the last drop! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. 😊

5. I love oreo and so do my daughters. This is a quick recipe, will surely try.

1. Hey Vartika! 😊 I hope they quicjly slurp the lovely shake! 😊

6. Kids always love oreo shakes. I am definitely trying this. Thanks for the motivation πŸ™‚

1. Kids will love this! 😊 You’re welcome Iram!

7. Well, I’m not much of a fan of Oreo in general. But I do love mint.Must check this recipe out.

1. Thats quite rare for someone to not like Oreos! I wonder why! πŸ€”

8. Oh… It’s so tempting. Your sister’s words are so true. Thanks for this simple and yummy recipe.

1. Hey Vasantha! 😊 Thank you for reading the post! Do you like Oreos?

9. dont have a fav oreo recipe myself but just reading the ingredients here made me hungry!!

1. Hahaha…indeed the ingredients are super yum! πŸ˜‹

10. I’m crazy about Oreo milkshakes and this one seems a perfect recipe. Loved your photographs. I’m drooling already! πŸ™‚

1. Hahaha! Thank you Dipali! 😊

11. Looks like a delicious recipe…will try it out soon…

1. Thank you Jayanthi! Do give it a shot. You can also add crushed chocolates to garnish it with! 😊

12. Mint and oreo combination sounds a bot strange. Very interesting πŸ˜€

13. Looks delicious… Quite easy to make as well… Maybe should give it a try 😊

1. You’ll love it if you like chocolate and coffee! 😊

14. Sinful and hence, tempting! πŸ™‚
    The garnishing looks amazing.

15. I had received a pack of oreos recently but I’m not much of a cookie person so they have just been lying there. I think I finally found some good use for them!!

1. Hi Mahak! Talk about serendipity! πŸ˜‰